Sunday 3 April 2011

Vintage Cards and Tags

Ok, so here goes, my first pictures and blog!!

Here are some cards that I made at a recent class I attended at Grimsby Crafts, taught by Sue Abbott. These are the first two we did in class, with lovely little tags.


How gorgeous are these? The images are from the little printed books at Crafty Individuals. The papers are from Basic Grey, Cappella and basics vocab. The frame in the first card was run through the cuttlebug. The words believe, cherish and friends are a Crafty Individuals stamp, stamped in stayzon ink and then glossy accents applied. I love the words with the glossy accents applied and now use them on most of my projects!! lol.




A couple of pictures took closer, loving the mini tags.

And below are the ones I made at home using the same techniques and papers. Not very different I know, but its my interpretation lol. I love the Capella papers and have used them to make several mini books and birthday cards since. Think they are my favourite at the moment. I will post pictures of the mini accordian books at a later date.




The colour is better on the last picture. The light was bouncing up of my fireplace in the sun!! The image was stamped using a Crafty Individuals stamp and coloured up using distress inks (rubbing the pad onto an old cd then using a watercolour paint brush to apply the ink.) The flower is a made up of a printed large one, I have forgotten who does them, and the top bit is a couple of circles punched out of the paper, scunched up to within an inch of it's life, and taaa daa, vintage and distressed flower!!

So, hope you enjoy. Any questions or comments welcomed. And happy mothers day to all you mums out there. I have been truely spoilt, and hope you are too xxxx

2 comments:

  1. Aw Sharon, how chuffed I am to see you blogging and making a real good job of it too. Lovely projects. Thanks for the kind words, it is appreciated.... Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such lovely cards, both class and your own interpretations are simply beautiful xxx

    ReplyDelete