Friday 27 January 2012

Another napkin folded card xx

Hi there
Well get me, back to blog land again and within the same month! Over on Gingersnap Creations they are holding a challenge ‘glorious green’.
A friend asked me to make her a card for her niece after seeing the last one I made. She loved the butterfly image on the square card so much I incorporated it into this napkin fold design card. This is only the second time I have used the stamp and in the space of a week lol. I used pale green papers on my card and before it was embellished I thought they looked too plain and dowdy!!









I then worried when I had finished it that I had gone over the top with all those pearls, flowers, lace and perfect pearls mist. However when she opened the tissue paper that I had wrapped it in I needn’t have worried she absolutely loved it, phew.
The pale green papers are from My Mind’s Eye ‘wild asparagus’ range.  All the edges were distressed with distress inks. I stamped the image twice and then cut out the butterfly on the second image. I used ‘bundled sage’ and ‘Victorian velvet’ distress inks to watercolour the image, let this dry, covered the coloured bits of wing with glossy accents  and then attached this on top of the original image.
I sprayed the flowers with perfect pearls mist, and the tiny butterflies were a happy accident. I had sprayed some beige card with the same pearls mist and it saturated the card!!! In my panic I grabbed some kitchen roll and blotted the mist . . . and hey presto it left an imprint into the card and made it looked textured. I was rather pleased with that one, and I have saved the bit of card left over. I am sure it will come in handy for something. Don’t you just love it when things like that happen? Hope you like it too.
Thank you for coming over and having a peep. Hope you manage to stay warm this weekend; it’s so cold here today.
Happy crafting
Sharon xxx




5 comments:

  1. Terrific folds and a smashing design. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, look at all those folds! fab card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharon this is amazing and looks very technical to me , beautifully created and love the soft colours and the beautiful embellishments . You may not blog often but when you do its sensational. keep them coming.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh I have been very slow catching up on blogs and I've just spotted your beautiful card. Your other napkin fold card was amazing and so is this one, so so beautiful and very difficult, I know I had ago and it wasn't half as good as yours. XX

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous! Thanks for playing the Gingersnap Creations challenge :)

    ReplyDelete